A few collective kitchen groups are starting back up for the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Fill out this form to be contacted about joining a group!
What is a Collective Kitchen?
A collective kitchen is a group of people who come together to pool their knowledge, skills and efforts to prepare healthy, economical and tasty meals. This activity allows participants to share costs, discover new cooking techniques, ingredients and recipes, and leave with their portion of the prepared food. At the Carrefour, we have several groups that meet at different intervals and have different interests. Each group is autonomous and decides its own priorities, the pace of its meetings and the recipes it will prepare. The Carrefour offers coaching to each group which includes:
- Facilitation adapted to each group to ensure a safe and respectful environment,
- The purchase of ingredients,
- All material and equipment necessary for meal preparation
- A meeting space in a certified production kitchen.
To remain accessible to all, the groups operate on the basis of voluntary contribution (pay what you can). The Carrefour is committed to covering the costs not covered by the participants’ contributions.
I Want to Join a Collective Kitchen Group!
We have a variety of collective kitchen groups! We can help you find the one that meets your needs. Some of the groups we have include:
- Day or evening groups, weekdays or weekends;
- Groups focusing on economical cooking, food waste reduction, vegetarian cooking, organic and local foods, cultural discovery, and various other themes;
- Groups that meet more (every 2 weeks) or less (once a month) frequently.
Registrations can be made at any time, but collective kitchens often take a break during July and August. To participate:
1. Fill in the interest form or call us at 514 525 6611 to express your interest. We will discuss your expectations and needs so that we can integrate you into a group that meets your interests.
2. Become a member of the Carrefour. It’s free! It allows you to vote at our general assembly and to take advantage of other offers for members. We ask all participants in the collective kitchens to become members of the organization.
3. Join a group. Meet your new group and discover new recipes in good company!
We Support Organizations in Starting up Collective Kitchen Groups
We accompany organizations that wish to start collective kitchen groups for their participants. We can also welcome your participants in our kitchen. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or call 514 525 6611.