This summer, we hosted a special edition of: Bols du Quartier *Around-the-World!* For 5 weeks in July, August and September 2021, 5 community members each presented a menu featuring their culture of origin. Watch the videos presenting the Guest Chefs here!
Bols du Quartier is an outdoor community meal offered on Fridays from 12 to 1 pm on Dufresne Street, between De Rouen and Larivière during the summer season and when the weather permits (in case of rain, you’ll find us on the square at the Marché Solidaire Frontenac!). You’ll be greeted with a bowl full of healthy food that you can eat while chatting with your neighbors. The meal is free with the option to make a voluntary contribution.
Dates of Bols du Quartier *Around-the-World* Edition – Summer 2021
- Friday, July 23rd – 12 PM to 1 PM – A meal from South Korea, presented by Chang Il Bae
- Friday, July 30th – 12 PM to 1 PM – A meal from North China, presented by Lia Young
- Friday, August 6th – 12 PM to 1 PM – A meal from Iran, presented by Anahita Oveisi
- Friday, August 13th – 12 PM to 1 PM – A meal from Cameroun, presented by Lydie Nicole
- Friday, September 24th – 12 PM to 1 PM – An Abenaki meal, presented by Lysanne O’Bomsawin
Why Bols du Quartier?
This program aims:
- To allow people in financially precarious situations to take a break and enjoy a delicious meal;
- To create a moment of exchange where we can build connections between neighbors;
- Provide an opportunity for those who want to volunteer in the kitchen to prepare the meals.
How to Participate
- Come and eat a bowl! Meet on Fridays at noon on Dufresne Street, between De Rouen and Larivière.
- Become a volunteer at the Carrefour! You can help us prepare and/or serve the meal.
- Make a donation to support the free bowls!
To learn more about this program or to get involved, contact Olivia at 514 525 6611 or email@example.com